Friday, October 06, 2006


(Pic at left near Tightwad, Mo.)

Missed the trip.

What a disappointment. I caught the first cold or flu of the season, and was out of commission for four days. So, I decided to forego the trip west.

After all, I would have had to drive for three days straight, coughing and hacking all the way, stop for a week, then drive back...and start work the day after my return. No, I don't think so. I'm getting a little mature for that.

Speaking of mature, have you watched "Last of the Summer Wine"? If not, I recommend it. No sex, no violence, no nasty words, just a gentle teasing and situations right out of England's north country. Elderly gents and ladies put into different situations that leave you feeling good when the show's over.

In Minneapolis it's on Channel 2, our public television station, so it may be on your public TV channel also. I've gotten so I like it better than the Red Green Show, our Canadian neighbor's offering. "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati", as the saying goes.

No comments: