Friday, February 10, 2006

Experiments with RSS

For those who haven't investigated it, RSS stands for "Real Simple Syndication." At least, that's one of the bacronyms (see www.wikipedia.com if you don't know what this means) used. A bloggiste can syndicate the pearls of wisdom that drop from their keyboards, and those who love their style, thoughts, or lack of same, can receive them on a daily basis.

Having read some of what passes for insight on the 'net, I would compare that to subjecting myself to the Chinese water torture at digital speed. That is, dripdripdripdripdripdripdrips to the umpteenth power. "Edginess", I realize, is a marketer's buzzword, but a lot of the blogs are only edge with not enough substance to form a blade.

Having said as much, a person can also subscribe to news feeds. I thought it might be interesting to put golf news in this blog, with links. After all, I work on the Golf Today Magazine website every month, and have a link here from there. Why not, therefore, add a little golf coverage here?

I put a listing on with a few headlines, but it didn't have the links. Perhaps it's the way I did it. I'll try again later, with more. Golf, and RVing, together. After all, that's what I want to do once I reach a grand old age. Or even not so old.

No comments: